So I guess you've stumbled across my little corner of the interwebs. An introduction is necessary, yes/yes?
My name is Alexandra. Call me Alex. I'm a Los Angeles-based actor with an extreme affinity for theatre, fashion, and good television. I enjoy taking pictures of pretty things and discovering obscure indie bands with amazing lead singers and kicky sounds. I am not particularly athletically inclined, though I try to work out once in a while (I used to have really amazing abs, but then winter 2007 happened.) I'm a huge aficionado of musical theatre and consignment shops. I just graduated from high school, and this whole "official college student" thing is really starting to wog me out.
This blog is really just an excuse for me to spend more time gushing over pop culture and clothing than I already do and probably should. A few things you should probably know:
- 30 Rock and Will & Grace are my favorite TV shows of all time. Grey's Anatomy, Pushing Daisies, and Desperate Housewives are all jostling for second place. I'll always love Law & Order: SVU no matter how outlandish the plots and lame the ADAs get, but as for House - well, we'll always have season 2. I'm also strongly of the opinion that Ugly Betty needs to do some serious retooling to get back on track and re-win my love. Get to it, guys.
- Stephen Sondheim is a genius. Period. If you can't appreciate the brilliance of a show like Sweeney Todd, Assassins, or Company, but really really believe that Spring Awakening, Wicked, and Rent are the pinnacles of musical theatre, you deserve to be locked into a very small room with only a television and the DVDs of Into the Woods, Passion, and Sweeney until you've changed your tune. (Just my opinion, of course.)
- Brands such Juicy Couture and Hollister are abhorrent - heads-up, 14-year-old "fashionistas," they don't make you look classy nor fashionable.
- On the other hand, my favorite designers are Elie Saab and Catherine Malandrino - though I also have a sweet spot for Valentino, Oscar de la Renta, and Miu Miu.
- People I'm a huge fan of and am bound to talk too much about include Tina Fey, Patrick Dempsey, Katherine Heigl (despite the fact that she's almost universally loathed along the blog circuit, I think she's a terribly classy and gorgeous human being), Lee Pace, Jenny Lewis/Rilo Kiley, Jesse Spencer, anybody who was ever on Will & Grace, Michael Urie & Becki Newton, and the brilliant John Doyle, as well as anyone who was ever in anything he's directed.
So there you have it. Keep reading, it may get interesting.